- June 26, 1927 (90 years ago)
- •The Cyclone roller coaster opens on Coney Island
- June 26, 1948 (69 years ago)
- •William Shockley filed the original patent for the grown junction transistor, the first bipolar junction transistor.
- June 26, 1959 (58 years ago)
- •The Saint Lawrence Seaway opens, opening North America's Great Lakes to ocean-going ships.
- June 26, 1974 (43 years ago)
- •The Universal Product Code is scanned for the first time to sell a package of Wrigley's chewing gum at the Marsh Supermarket in Troy, Ohio
- June 26, 1976 (41 years ago)
- •The CN Tower, the world's tallest free-standing structure on land, is opened to general public.
- June 26, 1997 (20 years ago)
- •The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Communications Decency Act violates the First Amendment