- November 19, 1863 (156 years ago)
- •U.S. President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- November 19, 1916 (103 years ago)
- •Samuel Goldwyn and Edgar Selwyn establish Goldwyn Pictures (the company later became one of the most successful independent filmmakers).
- November 19, 1985 (34 years ago)
- •Pennzoil wins a $10.53 billion USD verdict against Texaco, in the largest civil verdict in the history of the United States, stemming from Texaco executing a contract to buy Getty Oil after Pennzoil had entered into an unsigned, yet still binding, buyout contract with Getty.
- November 19, 1990 (29 years ago)
- •Pop group Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award because the duo did not sing at all on the Girl You Know Itís True album. Session musicians had provided all the vocals.
- November 19, 1997 (22 years ago)
- •In Des Moines, Iowa, Bobbi McCaughey gives birth to septuplets in the second known case where all seven babies were born alive. They would go on to become the first set of septuplets to survive infancy.