- July 17, 1899 (119 years ago)
- •NEC Corporation is organized as the first Japanese joint venture with foreign capital.
- July 17, 1955 (63 years ago)
- •Disneyland televises its grand opening in Anaheim, California.
- July 17, 1975 (43 years ago)
- •An American Apollo and a Soviet Soyuz spacecraft dock with each other in orbit marking the first such link-up between spacecraft from the two nations.
- July 17, 1989 (29 years ago)
- •First flight of the B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber.
- July 17, 1995 (23 years ago)
- •The Nasdaq Composite index closed above the 1,000 mark for the first time.
- July 17, 1997 (21 years ago)
- •The F.W. Woolworth Company closes after 117 years in business.